30th Anniversary Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
Promoter: Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health UK Limited, Ellesfield Avenue, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8YS, United Kingdom
1. By entering the prize draw all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. This promotion is open to eligible employees (veterinary surgeons and vet nurses) of UK or Irish veterinary practices who are UK or Republic of Ireland residents only aged 18+. Employees (and their immediate families) of the promoter, their subsidiaries or anyone professionally connected with this promotion are excluded.
3. The prize draw commences at 08:00 hrs 19th October 2023 and closes at 23:59 hrs 20th October 2023.
4. No purchase is required for entry.
5. To enter, participants must answer all five required questions and submit the form available at https://forms.office.com/e/YpmevuhiuR
6. Entries will not be considered unless the participant has answered the five required questions and submitted personal details such as name and email address.
7. The winning entry will be selected at random by an independent party from all qualifying entries.
8. The winner will be contacted via their email address (previously given) within 14 days after the prize draw closes.
9. Each participant is limited to one entry.
10. The promoter accepts no responsibility for entries which are lost, incomplete, delayed or not received for any reason beyond the promoter’s control, for example, technical malfunctions, systems, network, server or computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
11. The prize to be won consists of one Montpellier Gift Box from Bettys Café Tea Rooms to a maximum value of £100. Any resulting cash deficit will not be provided by the promoter.
12. There will be one winner. There are no runners up and no runner up prizes.
13. Except as set out in these terms, the prize cannot be split, substituted or transferred in any way.
14. No cash or alternative will be offered for the prize in whole or part. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative prize of the same or greater value.
15. If the prize winner is not contactable within 28 days of receiving the winner’s email for any reason including but not limited to, providing an incorrect email address for delivery or the email address no longer being valid, of if the winner fails to respond to the notifying email or fails to meet the eligibility requirements, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from that person and award it to another entry (who will be picked at random as set out above).
16. The promoter is not liable for any inability of the winner to take up their prize. To the extent permitted by law, the promoter accepts no liability for any damage, loss, or other circumstances affecting the enjoyment of participants as a result of or connected to taking part in this promotion or winning a prize, nor does the promoter accept any liability for personal injury or death, except where it is caused by the negligence of the promoter. Your statutory rights are not affected. The promoter cannot guarantee the performance of any contractual obligations of third parties, such as hotels or transport companies.
17. Promoter retains rights to any materials entered into the prize draw.
18. If you are chosen as the winner, we may ask if you would agree to participate in any marketing or publicity in relation to this prize draw (no fee will be payable by us). The promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the promoter may publish the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable, their winning entries in the veterinary press or elect to send the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails firstname.lastname@example.org or writes to the address set out above with reference UI-PET-0019-2023 prize draw (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the closing date of the prize draw. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the promoter at email@example.com, telephone +44 (0)1344 746959. In such circumstances, the promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
19. The promoter will only process personal data received from you in accordance with relevant data protection legislation, including the UK Data Protection Act 2018, the Irish Data Protection Act 2018 and the applicable General Data Protection Regulation. We will keep a record of your personal data provided to us or as collected by us as part of this prize draw. We will use this for the purpose of completing the prize draw and contacting you should you win and any other incidental purposes, such as to determine if any tax is due as a result. This data is shared with third party suppliers of ours. You have rights to access your data. For more information on these rights and how we process personal data see our website www.boehringer-ingelheim.co.uk/privacy-policy
20. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts. To the extent you are acting as a consumer, rather than in the course of your business, you will benefit from the mandatory provisions of the laws of the country you are in. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your rights as a consumer on such mandatory provisions of your local laws.
21. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions. All entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
Date of preparation: March 2023. UI-PET-0019-2023.